Wednesday 9 July 2014

Review | Bourjois Twist up the Volume Mascara



So I was initially going to do a first impressions post on this, but after trying it out for around a week (I got lazy and didn't blog) I feel I am ready to do a full blown review!
I got this mascara on the 2 for £14 deal on Bourjois at boots along side the Healthy mix serum foundation.  This mascara has quite a wet formula which I don't really like as I am clumsy and end up getting it everywhere. But it means it shouldn't dry out and get old to quickly. The main reason I got it is because of the cool wand which starts out long and thin, but when you twist the knob (sorry) gets short and thick. Its actually quite fun to play with (sorry again).
 Setting 1 - defined length. I found this wand quite difficult to use ad the brush is so long I found it  hard to use.
Setting 2 - Volume oversize. This is the way I have been using it most days. The brush is a bit shorter and easier, for me, to use. I find this setting gives length and volume
This is a quick mascara as you only need 1 or 2 coats for super big lashes. however it will make your lashes stick together if you're not careful with it or try to layer it too much. But I find that with most plastic mascara wands. ( I always say I prefer the bristly kind yet never seem to buy them).

Those pictures were with one coat with setting one and one coat with setting two. As you can see it can give a nice, not to over the top, look but I much prefer adding a bit more for crazy big over the top lashes!
Have you tried this mascara?
What is your favourite mascara?
Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment