Wednesday 2 July 2014

First Impressions | Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation


Hey Guys!
Recently I have been stuck in a rut with heavy coverage foundations but since the weather is getting warmer,(It's been boiling here in England!) I thought I should really get a lighter foundation. I had heard great reviews on the Bourjois healthy mix serum. I only bought this yesterday so I thought I would share my first impressions on it.

I picked this up while at Boots along side their twist up the volume mascara (They have a 2 for £14 offer on Bourjois at the moment - here). I got the shade 51 because I have fair skin and this seemed to be the lightest colour. When I first started applying it I was worried that it was a bit to dark (I still think it is but I can work with it). It's a lot more yellow toned than my normal foundations but I have yellowish toned skin  so it actually works quite well for me.

It gives a slightly dewy finish which I was expecting as it is a radiance foundation. I hate my skin looking dewy as my skin is oily/combination. But it looks fine with a little bit of powder. I have found I need less powder with this foundations than ones I have used in the past. I have only been wearing this foundation for around 5 hours now and it still looks really nice. It looks almost like skin and a lot more natural than my other more heavy foundations. It doesn't have as much coverage as I'm used to (I'd say light to medium but definitely buildable) but its nothing that a little bit of concealer can't help.


I will do a more in-depth review after I have tested it out a bit more but for now I really like it!

Have you tried this foundation or any other Bourjois products?
What do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment