Wednesday 30 October 2013

FOTN | Halloween Poison Ivy

 I have never really celebrated Halloween much further than trick or treating as a child. However, Halloween is my boyfriends favorite time of year and so for the first time ever I could get excited for it. Me and my friends went to a party last Saturday and all dressed up as various comic book characters. I chose Poison Ivy. (Mind control, toxic lips and long red hair why would I be any one else?!) So since this is my first proper Halloween I thought id share my excitement with you and show you my Poison Ivy makeup.

Now Poison Ivy is shown with different makeup in each comic/film so I just improvised with some green. and was so happy with the result!

I wanted my skin to look as flawless as possible (she is a comic book villain after all) so I used two layers of MAC Studio Sculpt (NC15) to get full coverage. I then used my trusty Collection Concealer in fair to cover anything my foundation didn't (mainly under my eyes and on my nose). I set it all with my favorite pressed powder, Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent, and contoured with MUAs bronzer in Shade 3. I didn't use a blush, instead dusting a bit of Natural Collections eye shadow in Spring green over my cheekbones.

Now for the fun part! I used the green end of Max Factor's smokey effect eye shadow in citrus thunder on the inner third of my eye and L.A colors jumbo eye pencil in lime aid on the rest of my lid and blended them in with my finger. I wanted the inner part of my eye to be lighter and both act nicely as a cream base for eye shadow. I brushed on Natural collections eye shadow in spring green all over the lid and a little bit out over the inner corner of my eye. I then blended my MUA eye shadow in Shade 7 in the outer corner of my eye and through my crease to create a graduated smokey effect. I lined my lid with Rimmel's gel liner and created long cat eye flicks. I lined my waterline with Rimmel scandal eyes khol eyeliner in black. I then added a small coat of Revlons Lash Potion mascara in blackest black and added some false eyelashes. (I forgot to photograph these but they are the Boots Perfect finish Natural Volume false lashes). Then I used Natural Collection  Crushed walnut eyeshadow to define my brows and their clear mascara to set them in place.


On my lips I wanted an orangey red colour so Macs lipstick in So Chaud was perfect. This matched really well to my Essie nail polish in Snap Happy. Both (I think) are perfect for  poison ivy.
Me and my boyfriend being cute at the party!


What do you think of my Poison Ivy makeup look?
What are you being for halloween?
Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment