Friday 4 May 2012

A cheeky bit of e.l.f.

As I was browsing the interwebs drooling over all the makeup and clothes I can't afford (when I should have been doing revision) i spotted that elf was giving free delivery over the weekend. As much as I love their lovely products, I hate paying for delivery, for anything, ever even if it means i have to spend more. I have really been wanting some new makeup brushes so I thought I would have a peek at what elf had. Lots of things were sold out (how rude of the sneeky people before me) however, I did manage to find a few little things i wanted.

Have a gander at these:

''Blending Eye Brush' - £1.50


'Defining Eye Brush' - £1.50

Both these brushes shed quite a bit but after I tweezed out all those pesky little bristles they do exactly what they should and for £1.50 each I really can't complain. They work fab together to create a smokey eye, the defining one to put colour in the crease and the blending one to well... blend.

'Powder Brush' - £3.50

This Brush is from the studio range and OMG I think i might be in love. i was a bit worried about this one after reading some reviews that said it was rough. I opened up the packet and felt it... It is sooooo soft! I just want to sit and stroke it all day. I have tried this brush with powder and liquid foundation. It works so well with both. Being a bit of a makeup noob to find a brush that gives my foundation a really nice finish with minimal effort is amazing. This one is a keeper.

And then I found the eyelashes....

'Dramatic Lash Kit' - £1.50

'Individual Lash Kit' - £1.50

'Natural Lash Kit' - £1.50

I'm not a massive eyelash wearer as I have pretty good eyelashes naturally.The eyelash kits come with glue and are only£1.50 each, which meant I could buy them then not cry that it was a waste when I never actually get brave enough to wear them. The only lashes I have actually worn are the individuals.  They are so subtle yet they enhance my eyelashes perfectly. Really worth a £1.50 splurge. I tried on the natural lashes because I was skeptical to just how 'natural' they looked. I could tell i was wearing them however they did not look over the top at all. I am quite impressed.

Overall I'm pleased with my elf shopping experience! My order came quickly and everything was fine with the items i got. I would recommend elf to anyone especially if you are on a budget (like me). Check out their website here!

That is all for now,
Tatty Bye


No comments:

Post a Comment